Prepare for Success Wherever Business Takes You
Many local jurisdictions require companies that conduct business within their boundaries to register for a business license, which is often renewed annually. While most companies are generally aware of their state income and their sales and use tax filing requirements, these local business license requirements are often overlooked.
The fees associated with the local business license registrations and renewals range from a nominal fee to a fee that is based on gross receipts. We’ve found that the registrations and renewals that are based on gross receipts such as the Virginia Business, Professional & Occupational License Tax (BPOL), are deceptively simple and are often overpaid by many companies. We provide a variety of comprehensive business license and gross receipts tax services for our clients and will adapt each project to fit the needs of your company.
- Review Filing Methodologies
- Find Opportunities to Recover Overpaid Taxes
- Prevent Future Overpayments
- Challenge Misapplied Tax Laws
- Manage Audit Process
- Reduce / Eliminate Assessment
- Determine Business License Registration Requirements
- Resolve Past-due Liabilities